Open Position: Regional Outreach Coordinator – North Florida Innovation Labs
The NFIL Regional Outreach Coordinator is responsible for engaging technology entrepreneurs in the eight counties that are part of the North Florida region. This position will provide information about the North Florida Innovation Labs (NFIL) facilities, the types of facility space and entrepreneurial support programs, and engage with community regional organizations. The NIFL Regional Outreach Coordinator will work with universities, economic development councils, chambers of commerce, and others to share information and link the lab’s resources to expand opportunities within and beyond the borders of Leon County.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Outreach: Working with local and regional chambers of commerce, university and colleges, boards, economic development council, local school, and other organizations, develop relationship to engage potential technology entrepreneurs in the eight counties that are part of the North Florida region. Develop relations with technology companies and emerging startups.
- a. Develop and maintain an annual and monthly marketing and editorial calendar which communicates the event and outreach plans. Report the effectiveness of each initiative.
- b. Assist in maintenance of the organization website(s) using Word Press or other Content Management Systems (CMS) including uploading, updating, and posting information to the website(s), and maintaining analytics to track website performance.
- c. Assists in maintenance of IP and NFIL Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts, which includes regular posting of announcements, events, relevant news stories, and community partner recognition, as well as maintenance of performance analytics. Adjust use of relevant social media platforms consistent with technology.
2. Training: Develop workshops and/or seminar curriculum, agendas, and materials. Build training materials in a range of formats – videos, PowerPoints, blogs, etc. – training opportunities and exhibits as needed. Provide information about the availability of the NFIL facilities, the types of facility space and support offered to entrepreneurs.
3. Engagement: Learn, understand, and disseminate information regarding the lab facility. Build and maintain strategic relationships with community partners and technology entrepreneurs. Communicate with partners and the media to promote the Innovation Park and the North Florida Innovation Lab (NFIL). Maintain relationships using press releases, brochures, social media, email campaigns and attending community events.
- a. Assist with the TechGrant Programs including process documentation, marketing & PR, application forms, sponsorships, judge and mentor recruiting, application scoring, Elevator Pitch Night event, and follow up surveys.
- b. Assist with TechTopics events per year including topic selection, speaker engagement, venue and presentation technology arrangements, promotion, registration, catering, and event signage.
- c. Support grant funding, sponsorship solicitations and reporting: Work with internal and external resources and partners to support funding requests through the creation of written documents and collateral materials as needed to submit applications for funding and the required reports associated with receiving the funding.
A minimum of two years of experience working in a collaborative role with
business owners. Knowledge and understanding of business acceleration principles. Grant writing, particularly those associated with small business ventures (e.g., Small Business Innovation Research grants), is useful. Experience translating laboratory products and findings to viable business ventures is a plus.
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, entrepreneurship, agribusiness, science and technology or a related field is preferred. Non-related degrees may be substituted with prior experience in entrepreneurship, technology ventures, and broader scale economic development efforts.
Successful applicants must demonstrate strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Essential skills include advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook in an Office 365 environment. Experience working with an e-learning software system preferred.
The Leon County Research and Development Authority (LCRDA), a Florida special district, operates the research park Innovation Park and the North Florida Innovation Labs (NFIL), in Tallahassee, Florida. The mission of LCRDA is to work in collaboration with local government, Florida State University, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee Community College, and community partners to foster the startup, growth and attraction of private companies that create high wage jobs in Leon County Florida, and to contribute to our region’s innovation ecosystem. NFIL will support the development and operation of a unique $24 million hard-science technology business incubator, projected to open in early 2024. This position will be dedicated to the support of NFIL operations.
Starting Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Annual Leave, Sick Leave, 10 Holidays, Health Insurance and Florida Retirement System, and Cell Phone Allowance.